Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Jury duty


Not a fun subject. I have been to the Multnomah county courthouse 10 days in the past month. Eight of those days have been sitting as a juror for a trial. We reached a verdict today. Only to be informed that we have got to sit for 2 days of additional testimony for the penalty phase of the trial. So..... I'm sure we will get through all of it. It just is getting to be long. Crimes are not nice things to think about and talk about. There is a lot of "warfare" going on in that building if you know where I'm coming from. Today, when the verdict was read, there was an almost palpable presence of evil in the room. It was very oppressive.

I have to remind myself that I can bloom and even thrive in oppressive circumstances. Like the little flower on the left here that is blooming in the middle of a concrete driveway. I can tap into the Power that overcomes all things this world has to throw at me.

2 comments:

Jenn Turner said...

Is jury duty over yet? It sounds interesting to me. I have always wanted to do jury duty...is that weird or what? Sorry to hear about Grandpa..I'm assuming Harlan's dad? I will be praying for you guys. Miss you!

WallaWallaDay said...

Come on Mom, it's been 10 days AND jury duty is over. So, we should get a quick post before Kids Camp or it'll be a while