Monday, August 20, 2007

Twenty-nine years and counting






This weekend was enjoyed up at Alyssa's up in Lacey, WA. After celebrating Hayden's birthday here in Portland with Jess and Joylynn and the kids, we headed north to join up with Courtney and Cameron at Alyssa's house. Harlan has a few home improvement projects to do up there. Hayden is keeping up on the yard work, too.

Saturday however marked 29 years from the day Harlan and I met. He bought me a huge bouquet of roses! We remember it because I met him at the Fall (church) Services in Minnesota the day after my mom had my baby sister. Happy 29th Birthday Kara! Har and I have had a lot of firsts since then. I'm glad we still commemorate some of those important things.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

WHAT is that dog doing on the back of the couch?! That nerd, when was he up there? He's not a cat! Who let him be up there??

Lyssa said...

by the way I think it's really fun and cute that you guys know the very day you met and celebrate it :D I think Logan and I should celebrate all spring break long, a week of roses could be fun ;)

And I don't blame anyone but the dog for him being on the back of the couch, he WISHES he was a cat *sigh* I don't know where we went wrong...