Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I love FALL!

Courtney picked up some maple leaves on her way home the other day.
Of course I had to take a picture of them :) I have stubbornly refused to light the pilot on the furnace. I figure we can afford to put on more clothes and run around the house a bit to get blood flowing better than we can afford the extra natural gas costs.
It has gotten down into the thirties outside but hasn't gotten below 65 here in the house.
We are using up some scrap wood and pieces of a couple of trees that we had removed from the side of the house a few years back.
Cozy warm fires in the fireplace insert are so fun.
Sometimes we are relegated to warming our hands over candles or around cups of hot chocolate. But sooner or later I'll cave and let them have central heating back.
Our scare"crow" doesn't mind the cool rainy weather. It's all a part of Fall in the Northwest. And you know what comes after that... more rain and more cold and WINTER! My favorite season of all.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

huzzah fall! huzzah! huzzah! I have viewed your blog-post! I like your fall decorations! I like my brothers! I like leeeeeaves!