Friday, May 08, 2009

Quick trip North

This week Alyssa and Rowan went home after their Oregon adventures.

The boys and I traveled up too to help her tackle a few things. They thankfully have internet so school wasn't totally ignored.

I love the welcome flag. I think it wants to live at my house.



We have had more rain than sunbreaks for the past week or so. Those sunbreaks did their job in causing anything green to grow like crazy. Wednesday's rain with no breaks didn't make it look too promising for any yard work to get done.


But Thursday started out sunny. The boys got up and went to work.

The rain saturated roof looked like it was smoking.

After raising the mower to the highest cutting level Hayden started it up.

Cam mostly weeded under the trees and in the flower beds.

And he got the birdfeeder filled and back up.



After several hours of hard work these guys deserved a treat. We took them to Norma's (the best hamburger place in their area) for a late lunch.

We really needed to hit the road to get back to Portland for Bible Study.

But there were a couple of things that we still needed to do.

I had to thin out her rhubarb and take some off of her hands :)

Rowan needed his hair cut too so I did the honors. He actually was more co-operative than this picture implies.

The Uncles and Mom were cutting a dead section out of the lilac bush so he was relegated to the back yard with Max.

Alyssa and her little guy ready for a nice Mother's Day weekend.

Fun times in Lacey.


1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Well I don't think I'm quite ready to park with my welcome flag ;) but maybe we'll check at your local michael's next time I'm around, that's where I got mine. :)

Thanks again and again for coming!!
Fun times indeed :D :D :D