Thursday, July 30, 2009

Birthday season is soon upon us... in the meantime

I have been very neglectful of my blog.
I have also not taken near as many pictures as I usually do.
But I do have a few from the past couple of weeks to share.

Joylynn's kids have been coming over to our house a couple of days a week when she is working. Wyatt is notorious for bringing some sort of toy or treasure along with him.
Last week it was a back pocket full of crayons.
He was "Rainbow Man".
I am always amazed at what is going on in his head.



Last Sunday we got to go to celebrate the birthday of one of Cam's buddies.
Levi Markham turned 13.
Here are a couple of cool guys. Levi (13) and (Cam almost 11).


The "kids" got here earlier than usual yesterday so we were able to take them to the free movie at the mall.
We spent a couple extra hours there afterwards to avoid the extreme heat of the day.
Genevieve enjoying her pretzel.
Danika enjoying her pop.

We took them to the children's section of Barnes and Noble.
Wyatt quickly found a book about one of his favorite shows "Yo Gabba Gabba"
Genevieve still enjoys Dora.
Hayden showed Danika a book that had different textures featured on each page.


After the mall we came home and got into swimming suits and headed for the "Water Park", at least that is what Wyatt and Genevieve call it.
It's our local park and there is a water play area... thus waterpark.

Last but not least...
It's back to school time. Hayden's curriculum came in the day before yesterday and Cam is scheduled to get his tomorrow.
Too bad we can't use some of this stuck in the house avoiding 106 degree temperatures to get a head start on the year.
Alas we cannot.

There is one subject per carton.

I think this is going to be a favorite.
I'm sure we will appreciate it when it comes to insuring this young driver a year from now.

Stay cool. Stay in school. & Swim in a pool.
or something....

2 comments:

Courtenzia said...

I can't believe Hayden will be driving!! *sniff* My little brother is growing up!!

Lyssa said...

Courtney you're ridiculous.

Great summer post mom!! I love that Wyatt likes to color. Rowan likes coloring also but his fatty crayons are too big for his little pockets. I guess we'll have to wait a couple years before "Rainbow Man" can have a super sidekick ;)