Friday, June 17, 2005

Food, family & adjustments

We had a couple of friends over for dinner the other night. Thanks for coming guys! Alyssa was working and Krystle was at church for YC. Courtney went to Jr High. So here there were only 6 people eating with food for around 20. Three desserts. We have had 3 more meals from the leftovers. I'm not doing so well with this semi empty nest thing. It is rare that all of us are home for a meal together. :o( And I don't know how to "do" small food.

This fall is going to be weird with only 3 kids home for the days. I guess Wyatt and the new baby will more than make up for the lack of Hilmans proper in residence.

Adam is moving :0\ He is going to have a spiffy new room though. It used to be scary orange. Kinda like being swallowed by a giant gourd. Now it is the color of smooth ripe avocado a serene light green. He is not going to be lonely with the mouse and possibly mice that live in the window well. Also there is a nice closet that Cherise fashioned out of pipe and fabric.

Harlan and Hayden will be camping overnight tonight. Alyssa went to the beach with Megan. Krystle has to work tonight. So that will leave me alone with Cam and Courtney. More adjustments.....

I wish my life fit some sort of norm. But it doesn't and that's going to have to be OK.

1 comment:

Lola Bacon said...

I get to see you all tonight! Huzzah!