Friday, December 02, 2005

Three Trees




I love the book about the three trees. One wanted to grow up and be made into a treasure chest. One wanted to be made into a magnificent sailing ship carrying kings and royalty. The other wanted to just grow and be tall and majestic and point toward God. All three trees ended up getting cut down. The first was made into a crude feed box. The second a fishing boat and the third cut into timbers and left on a pile of other wood. None of them achieved their dreams. One night in a stable the crude feed box found itself being a cradle for a new born baby and realized it was holding the greatest treasure on earth. On a little lake a storm blew up and a small fishing boat experienced a man calming the raging waters with just words. It realized it's passenger was the King of Kings. The timbers were one day ripped from the pile and a man's hands and feet were nailed to them. They felt cruel and ugly. But on Resurrection Day and every day since people look at the cross and see God's sacrifice and redeeming love. The tree indeed points toward God.

My three trees don't have any great spiritual significance. But here are pictures of them anyway. The multicolored light one is our family tree. It has ornaments on it that each of the kids have been collecting each year since they were born. The white lighted one is my dining room tree. It has angels and snowflakes and crystal ornaments on it. The red, white, and blue one is in the den. I try to show support for our military in some way all year long.

I need to finish putting up the rest of the decorations. I'll post a picture of our Christmas Village in my next blog maybe.

P.S. My pneumonia is getting beter :o)

4 comments:

Jenn Turner said...

Your trees are always so pretty! I'm so sorry you have pnemonia - yuck! Hope you feel all the way better soon.

Lyssa said...

YAY TREES!!! YAY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!! YAY DECORATIONS!! :D :D :D

Lola Bacon said...

Bob and I need to come over pre-Christmas to bask in the warmth and family that is your house, especially with such lovely decorations. Expect a visit some day!

adam said...

The three trees story is one of my favorites.