Thursday, March 09, 2006

A boy and his dog...


I have a little guy that LOVES dogs! He and his brother want one sooooo bad. We have cats. Not that I don't like cats. Cats are cool, independent, can be left with a bowl of food and some water and their necessity box and there you go. You can be gone for quite a long time. Dogs however are like very needy small children. Can't leave them for long. If we didn't have cats, we may try to make the necessary adjustments to our household to get a dog. But that is impossible at this time. Also I am looking for a breed that doesn't have fur or one that has fur which doesn't fall out. I am also looking for a breed that doesn't, for lack of a better word, poop. So as cute as all those puppies are at Scamp's, as adorable as the puppies at the pound and those featured on Craig's List, I've yet to find one that doesn't have hair or poop. Until the other day when I found the perfect dog and brought him home. Cam has gotten quite attached to him. His name is Slappy. He is a "Dalmation-wood". We like him a lot.

1 comment:

Jenn Turner said...

Poopless, hairless dogs...wow. Actually, I think you've accomplished more than that...he also doesn't pull your arm out of socket when you take him for a walk, he doesn't jump up on all of your guests when they walk in the door, he doesn't bark and he doesn't take food off of the table...what a good dog! I love our puppy, but she is ALOT of work. I'm looking forward to her growing up a bit :)