Monday, November 06, 2006

Another Goodbye

Our (Cherise's) Anna Cat died suddenly today. We don't know what the cause was or when exactly she did die. She just slept away. At least she was in the house and we don't have to worry or wonder like we would if she just never showed up at home again. Since Sabre died the kids have been asking for another cat. After today I'm not sure we want any kind of pets anymore. We do have one more cat. Her name is Chloe. She is a very unique and reclusive character with a very interesting meow. Her preference is to spend time with Cameron or Courtney (her owner) if she deems anyone worthy of her presence.

Anna was our working cat. I have her to thank for a dead mouse on my bed pillow. On the bathroom floor. In my window box. A live mouse brought into the house. Various bird parts left on the doorstep. Yup she knew her job and we are going to miss that aspect. She is also the only cat that jumped up on Harlan's lap and curled up there without getting booted off. She liked people and people food. Much to the chagrin of kids who turned away from their cereal bowl without finishing. She had no qualms about getting in there and cleaning up leftovers.

Thank you for entertaining and loving us for the past many years. You had the prettiest curly tail.

1 comment:

Lola Bacon said...

Fat Anna cat was a great cat, even if I did think she was going to bite my neck while I slept when she was a kitten. I'm glad that she never stopped coming to sleep in my lap, she was beautiful and cozy.