Thursday, November 29, 2007

Somewhere there is a HUMBUG

Do I give up?....Do we move?....It's getting discouraging.
Over the years, I have tried to decorate for the seasons, inside and out. Many years ago a friend of ours gave me a beautiful church that was strung with lights. It has been a feature under our maple tree year 'round for more than 10 years. Until night before last....

This year I also invested in some lighted, animated deer for the yard. We enjoyed them in the living room for a few evenings and then I put them out. They graced our yard for only 3 nights. Yesterday morning they were gone along with my church.

I have had Christmas wreaths removed from my door twice in the last 5 years. We have had things taken off of our porch off and on also. Mostly bags of pop cans. I guess I don't understand why people would feel free to take things that don't belong to them. Especially things that brought a little bit of "magic" to our grandkids and kids.

1 comment:

The Webbs said...

I am really sorry to heard that your deco is gone. That is so not nice! Although, I have to say at the same time that I am not surprised. That's the world we live in unfortunately! It's terrible. I hope that your Christmas spirit isn't dampened! It's so inspiring and fun!