Friday, March 07, 2008

Raymond Edwin Hilman 03/31/11 - 03/07/08


Harlan's Dad, Ray Hilman, passed away today. We will be remembering his life late next week.
The picture here was taken on his 95th birthday almost 2 years ago.

It is the way most of us will remember him. It was before his stroke. When his mind was sharp as a tack. Though the past couple of years didn't totally take away his wit, story telling capabilities or his warmth toward people.

It has been seven years since we said our goodbyes to Harlan's mother. It is right that Ray and Irene be together now. They have left a legacy of faith and love that few will be able to claim.
We will miss him just has we have her but look forward to the day when we will all be together again.

4 comments:

Used Napkin2 said...

It makes me feel better when I think of Grandpa being able to see Grandma again.

Used Napkin2 said...

And that he gets to spend forever and ever up in Heaven with our Father God.

Joel said...

He served God long and faithfully, and I know the Lord welcomed him home as an old friend.

Carol said...

Hi Harlan and Tammy~ I wanted to send you a card when I heard your dad had passed away but couldn't find an address. I am so sorry for your loss and send my condolences and deepest sympathy! But yet I rejoice because he has attained his reward! Praise God! Carol and Bruce Selin