Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Madness Hilman style

I have still been working on a few rag quilts. I cut one out this morning. It is going to be for Har's and my bed.
They are so much fun to make. I wish I had the money to make one for everybody I know.
I chose the fabrics to represent our Finnish and Dutch heritage with a little country kerchief fabric too.

We started out our Spring break by helping out a friend on his Eagle Scout project. He is refurbishing a couple of unused restrooms at the school where Generations Church meets. It will be so nice to have usable facilities near the sanctuary. He is also doing a bit of touch up painting where he can.
Here is Cam scraping. Notice the makeshift scaffolding?
Rowan wanted to help too. The roll around trash cans were a great thing to keep him busy.

We ended Spring break by going out to The Old Spaghetti Factory.
Let the shenanigans begin.


Rowan is a good eater.
Of course he has to do it himself.
A boy well satisfied.
Rowan with 3 of his biggest supporters.
Cam enjoying the air vent.
I think someone reminded Courtney that school starts back up this week.
and last but not least. Us.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

good one mom :) I want to frame every photo!

Briana said...

Very nice pics. Do you think you could tell me how you do the quilting as you go? I know how to do the rest and I would love to start on a fun project like that. Love you and miss you!