Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winter welcome

Welcome to December!
I missed updating my blog last week. I wasn't taking many pictures and didn't think a whole lot interesting was going on.
We are all busy with school, shopping and other secret projects.
Three of the quilts I worked on recently.

Oh Christmas Tree!

Thanksgiving weekend got away from us and so did the first weekend in December so I was determined to get a tree this week.
Going out and cutting one at a tree farm was out of the question so the boys and I picked Courtney up from school on Thursday and started checking out local tree lots.
We found 2 trees that will work out perfectly. They both are noble firs. The big one is going to be the family tree and the small one my dining room angel tree.
Hayden was there for me in the muscle department.
and the knot un-tieing department.
Danika supervised Grampa with getting it in the stand and made sure it was perfect.
Rowan helped Aunty Courtney put some ornaments on.
He was responsible for all the icicles on the lower branches.
I really like my slimline dining room tree this year. About 2/3rds of my ornaments are still in the bin and that is fine.
I like it just the way it is!


Christmas at the Mall

Alyssa, Rowan and I hooked up with Kim and Bella at the mall for coffee.
Rowan was getting antsy to get a move on so he spent some time exploring under the table.
Isabella is going to be 3 years old next Friday. Isn't she a dolly!
Speaking of dollies... the main reason for meeting when we did was to hear Molly Z sing at Nordstoms with her middle school choir.
She is such a lovely young woman. Sweet as she is pretty.
I had Lyssa snap a picture of Kim and me too. She didn't let me know that she was going to be sporting her Santa hat. I'd have worn mine too.


Quick trip up North

Harlan & I took a whirlwind run up to Lacey to help Lys and Logan with a bit of winterizing. With the cold snap we have been having we were concerned about the possibility of frozen pipes at their house.
On the way up we stopped at a rest stop and found a little bit of snow. The roads showed no sign of the white stuff.
After checking things out and finding that the pipes and water were fine we ran over to Home Depot and picked up some insulation.
Har measured and cut small pieces to seal off the vents to the crawl space under the house.
It was a bit nippy outside there but we are glad we went and are pretty sure that things are in good shape for the rest of the winter.
I had to take a picture of their patio table. It was so pretty covered in frost.
We got back late last night. Sometimes impromptu trips are most enjoyable.
Perhaps it was the company. I like doing stuff with my "hub".

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Thank you Mom and Dad!! I feel much better now that things have been checked and taken care of! :D