Friday, December 06, 2013

Part two of our visitors from the east-part of Washington

 Pip's Trip




We finally got to Pip's for doughnuts and chai lattes with Hayden! Anabelle and Henry already know how fun it is there. That empty cup is a picture of a well liked cup of chai.
 Running errands with Joylynn and Garrett
Cherise and I went out to take Joylynn and Garrett to get some laundry and shopping done. I didn't plan to coordinate the color of my sweater with the color of Joylynn's hair. It just happened to match :0) How nice it was great for the cousins to get reacquainted!












 Chilly morning visit to a park


 We experienced a bridge lift on Friday morning on our way into the city.  It took quite a long time for them to open and close it. I think they periodically test the mechanisms to make sure that everything is working properly. There was no ship traffic moving in either direction. It was a beautiful sunshiny day to be stuck on the Broadway with a bunch of other people in cars and on bikes.
We took the kids to play up at the Children's Park at Washington Park. I've always loved this playground. I just realized that it is one of the parks funded by the Rotary Club. They make the most awesome play structures!



 It was cold and the boards on the deck were frost covered. I had both of my feet slip out from under me and I landed on my "bum"per :0) No harm done. I went on to slide down the curly slide and swung on the swings and enjoyed every minute of our time there.







This girl is so adventurous. She kept climbing up and sliding down, over and over again. She was getting a little cold playing so she spent some time out of the wind sitting in the van with her mom. 

 I took a few more pictures and we headed to warm up.





I didn't realize that this building was the last remaining structure from the original location of the zoo. I've got to do more exploring around this city. You learn something new every day.
 Saturday a.m. outing


I had something to do on Saturday and was just heading out as Courtney, Cherise and the kids were headed back to the house after going for a walk to our park. It was nice to have dry weather to enjoy the crunchy leaves that were still on the ground.
 At PDX picking up their dad





Saturday evening found us out at the airport to pick up Kiel. 
We got there early enough to let the kids play for awhile. 
The next morning they headed home to prepare for our Thanksgiving visit to their place.

No comments: