Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Grand Day for a Granddaughter

Our Katie-Kates turned four today. This is the second birthday that we've missed being with her. 
She had a fabulous day and I want to thank Alyssa and Logan for sharing her day with us through cell phone photos sent to us periodically today.
We sent her a few things in the mail






I did a bit of sewing for Katie's birthday. I made her a reversible apron. I'm anxious to see if it fits. It's so HER! I also picked up a few clothing items that said "Katie" to me. Hello Kitty is a big favorite.


















She opened her clothes from us first thing this morning so she was able to wear them to school. 
Har and I got to send a picture her way just as she was getting into bed tonight.
Tea Party lunch with her dad


Logan took Katelyn out for a lunch date. They were going to go to a tea room but ended up at a cafe. The birthday girl was just thrilled to be having a Daddy/daughter date with her favorite fellow. 
Butterfly Birthday theme

I didn't hear the story about the pretzel butterfly treats but they are adorable! Alyssa's friend made the cake with the butterflies on it though. Super cute!!!
Katelyn Hanna, Katie-Kates, Katie-girl, Pinky Pie, Muumuu's Honey-girl… whatever name she goes by, this precious little package of sunshine has brought us smiles across the miles for 4 years now.
Happy Birthday Katelyn Hanna!
Grampa and Gramma love you soooooooo much!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Oh I totally forgot that I didn't tell you about the pretzel butterflies! We made them with those candy melts you get at the craft store piped on/into a couple of pretzels and voila! A perfectly bite sized birthday treat for a 3 & 4 year old preschool class. Logan and I both got to be in her class for snack time to pass them out. She was pretty excited and her little classmates are so cute I hope we get a chance to volunteer as a parent helper sometime. At the end of snack time I headed off to pick up the cake and Logan stuck around for playground time and dismissal before those two went on their date :)