Friday, April 25, 2014

Every moment is treasured

Been looking up these days

 I guess it's the time of year or something but I've been noticing more church steeples lately. They are all so unique. I think my eyes are being drawn toward all of the green leaves popping out and blossoming trees, so I'm looking up more. Looking up is always a good idea :0)
Enjoying some Easter snuggles





Cherise sent me these pictures of her kiddies and their Easter stuffed animals. The colorful eggs are giving Quinn something to focus on during tummy time. He's noticing a lot of things lately. He's fascinated with his fists and reflexion and lights up when anyone talks to him. 
Can't wait to see them in person again!
Playing outside between showers






 Garrett has a place in the front yard that he likes to dig. He has a few toy garden tools that he reluctantly shared with his cousins.

 Rowan and I drew a chalk course on the sidewalk. He ran around and around and did all of the obstacles along the way. He got a bit perturbed with his sisters and Garrett who just ran around ignoring the directions.




I am thankful for my raggedy yard and the kids that love running around out there amongst last years leaves and dandelions.
I'm also finding myself coveting my neighbor's lilacs. Though I am grateful that I can see them from my window :0)
 Finding loveliness while driving


 I get stopped in traffic at various points along my drive from Beaverton back into town in the mornings. The other morning I spied the Fremont Bridge between some sun drenched foliage. And across the street from that view was this garage dug into the hillside. Beauty!
Our "Cracker Barrel" wanna be

We ate and shopped at Cracker Barrel when we were back in Virginia last summer. We loved it!  The closest thing we have around here is Bob's Red Mill store and restaurant. So on the last day that the kids were going to be in town, we went to breakfast at Bob's.

 The food there is great! I just have to go there a few more times to get into the swing of how to order. I love sit down restaurants where a server comes to take my order. Standing at a register when others are waiting for me to decide what to get is too much pressure and uncomfortable. 
It was great being there on a weekday morning as we almost had the entire upstairs dining area to ourselves.
Har took a picture of me as a "bag lady" holding purses and bags while other pictures were being taken out by the mill wheel. The light blue one is a souvenir bag for Alyssa to tote around on her errands to remind her of "home".

No comments: