Sunday, May 20, 2007

I hope she makes it....

About a week ago we discovered a squirrel residing in our basement. I know we have heard squirrels in the attic space upstairs. But how one got in our basement I haven't a clue. We surmise that she was born in the attic and perhaps fell into the wall and ended up in the cellar. In any case we have been trying to live trap it for a couple of days. Every morning I open the door to see it hanging on the curtains looking out the window of the back door. As soon as anyone approached, though, it was off and running. We didn't want to open any windows or doors to let it out for fear that we may be letting more in!

The little thing thought it was living in a spa. All the cat food and water it could consume and lots of running and climbing room. I finally got smart.....we weren't going to lure it with peanut butter when it still had cat food to eat. The food and water were empty this morning. This was our day..... When we returned from our outing this afternoon we had a squirrel in a cage. YAY!

We drove it over to forest park area. I hope she likes her new digs. Though rain and wet ground seemed to be a little bit of a rude awakening. Last we saw her she was rustling in the tall vegetation to the right of this building.

Now I need to catch her a friend....
Perhaps the large male that has been wreaking havoc on my bird feeder :>O

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Way to catch the squirrel! It sounds like she wanted to be outside anyway. Hopefully you can get all those ones devouring the bird seed that falls on the lawn eh.