Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Oath

We went to MEPS this morning at 8:30. Krystle was able to join us around nine. We hung out and people watched for a couple of hours before she had her swearing in. There were 7 navy recruits this morning, 11 air force recruits swore just before her group. There was a group of army recruits waiting for everyone to have all their documents in order.
Being aware of the military all of my life and having 3 of our children now, directly or formally related to military action gives me added incentive to hold them all up in prayer.
Krystle wrote on the back of a picture of Danika that she has tucked in her Bible. She is going to look at it when she gets to wonder why she made this big decision. It is something like "I am joining the navy to help insure her future freedom."


"I, Krystle Hilman, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

No comments: