Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last of the leaves and visitors from the East

The boys had some fun raking up the last of the leaves. There are a few still up on the tree but overall they are done for this year.


















Lalita came over on Saturday with Simon. He loves to be read to and also to look at books himself.
The stalwart leaves.

And here are the visitors from the East (La Grande, Or to be exact), Kiel and Cherise. We didn't think that we'd see them until Christmas.
Hurray for surprise trips.

















Joylynn and the children were here on Sunday. She and Cherise are checking something out on the computer. Kiel and his sidekick having a break at church.
We took Kiel and Cherise to celebrate his birthday belatedly.
The Rheinlander has wonderful fondue.

















And delicious entrees. Here is a sausage trio on the left and chicken cordon bleu on the right.
I didn't manage to get a picture of the trio of young women singing to him while the accordion player played but this apple strudel was worth a little embarrassment.

We had some friends over to watch the Monday night football game and Kiel added to the evening by making a sweet and spicy little smoky dish. It was fabulous. I'm going to have to pirate that recipe. Aarrrrghh

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Your leaf pictures make me wish the trees in my front yard weren't evergreens. They also remind me that I need to rake under the apple tree in my back yard (which isn't the loveliest fall tree this year). I sure like your trees :)

I guess I like Kiel and Cherise too ;) maybe next time they get to come out west they'll make it a little less secret so us northerners can possibly come play too!

Lyssa said...

It kind of looks like Cherise got a side of lilacs with her sausage.