Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Find us faithful

A couple of women that were such a integral part of my early life as a mom and wife and I have reconnected.
Facebook is amazing! I wonder how many other people are reestablishing friendships and just reaching out via that "social network".
Paula, Karen and I got together for coffee this a.m. .... almost 4 hours later we had learned a lot about each other and things that we are going through and have gone through.
I came away realizing that my affection for these women has never gone away.
"A friend's a friend forever if the the Lord's the Lord of them"
How true!

I also am amazed that in the 78 combined years of mothering we've collectively done for our total of 17 children, we have not lost our vision and dedication to those kids and our calling.
This Steve Green song "Find Us Faithful" came to mind and I sang it on my way home.

the chorus is:
"Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful
May the fire of our devotion light their way
May the footprints that we leave Lead them to believe
And the lives we live inspire them to obey
Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful"

I thank God for faithful friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK my friend, that made me cry. Yep, you did that to me. I say "ditto" to your kind words. It was truly a blessing reconnecting. Definitely same Tammy that I have always dearly loved!!! Love and a hug, Paula

Kathryn said...

I too have reconnected with some special friends via Facebook. I look forward to sitting around a table with them as you did with your dear friends. Bless you.