Sunday, October 04, 2009

I love October!

Last weekend all the kids were here. This week I've spent sewing.
I finished 4 almost 5 quilts.
Here is the palette for one I'm planning. They are all flannels.
I love the clover fabric!


Here are two of the quilts.
Laid out here and below finished.
Notice I had to change a few squares. The entire back is red and I was short a few squares so looked through my "scraps" and came up with alternate squares. They don't call these things rag quilts for nothing.
Laid out and finished.

"Adios and Vaya con Dios!"
Our friend Craig is starting out on a big adventure and stopped by to say goodbye.
We are blessed to have him in our lives.
Thanks for coming by!

We had visitors this weekend too.

ROWAN!

Logan had a long weekend so they were able to come down. There was some bike riding, tree trimming and a bit of movie watching and video game playing.
And as always there is food!
I only have so many poached egg cups so I improvised with a metal measuring cup. Just happened to be heart shaped.

Games or rather Monopoly.
Krystle was bankrupt quite early so she gave Cam her properties and they teamed up against Tyler. He held is own for quite awhile but those other two were merciless.
One of the things Cam likes about Burgerville is the jukebox.
He likes to be the disc master. He usually picks great tunes.
The gang that went to Burgerville.

Weather.... it was a mixed bag.
We had off and on showers and sunbreaks and quite chilly weather.
This rainbow was across the street from our nephew's house.
It's a bit hard to see but the trees are starting to look a bit like fall.
Alyssa had my camera while I was driving and she took some nice pics.
We were driving over the 205 bridge at sunset.

More Rowan!
He's crouched in the high chair ready to stand.
He is starting to repeat just about everything we say now and he tries to be funny all the time. What a boy!
Yup....he is going to be a great big brother.
and those parents of his are certainly going to have their hands full ;)
We grandparents think that is just as it should be.

2 comments:

loverstreet said...

i love the layout of fabrics in the first photo, it looks like the rays of the sun!
glad rowan is being goofy and keeping his folks on their toes. he has all the genetics for a great sense of humor!

The Webbs said...

Pretty quilts. You do such a good job. Should I drop the hint that my Bday is Nov. 18th? ;-)

You also do such a great job at photo taking. I guess we all see the same things, it's just that some people, namely you, have your camera handy. I'm not so good at that.

Yes, Gracie is in 6 and 9 month clothing. There are also quite a few 12 month outfits. Tonights jammies are 12 months. She is just so big. I am not used to big babies so it is just so shocking to look at her. I have so much love for her. And, if I have to say it out loud, I do feel a little differently with her than I do the boys. I am so, so blessed to have a girly and can't wait to meet our little Madison Erin someday. Guess I'll have to get prego for that to happen though, huh?!