Monday, November 02, 2009

November is here!

Even though we weren't going to be home the weekend of the Hallelujah Party at Generations Church, I needed to finish a project that has been put on the back burner for waaaayyy too long.
The puppet stage....
Courtney is here interacting with our version of puppets. The closest thing we had in the house.
This "stage" is easily set up and broken down and lets more than one person work inside of it.







This week I also chose to get some of my birthday quilts delivered.




June Z's b'day was last week so on Wednesday I
got to bring hers to New Song to present it to her.




Katelin Z's birthday is this Wednesday so she got one as well.









We missed Molly Z's party on Mother's Day this past May and I really didn't want her to freeze when he sisters were warm and cozy in their quilts so I made one for her too. Happy verrrryyy Belated Birthday Moll!








There was another quilt to give. This time an early birthday one.
Brought Alyssa's to her this weekend. I really like it and I hope she does too. It goes well with the color of their room.

It appears that I'm going to have to curb my quilt fetish soon. The store I get my fabric from is going to be discontinuing carrying fabric :-(
While we were in Lacey, I managed to find some for a new project though :-)

I know my last post was pretty pumpkinny but what can I say it's

Pumpkin Time!
Rowan got to take part in the cleaning out of his pumpkin as well as encouraging his mother to carve his favorite letters on his "p", "x" and "y".
Guys sure seem to get into this stuff... perhaps it has to do with the fact that they get to use knives and it's kinda messy. I choose to believe that they are very creative at heart.
Puppy Rowan and the finished pumpkins. (Click on the photo and you can see more detail in the pumpkin carvings)


And then came the main reason we were up in Lacey this weekend...

Rowan is TWO!
He got a nice variety of colorful and some musical cards...
a truck from his Mum, a rifle from his Dad, a beautiful sweater made by is Gremmy and a wooden car from his Goddy,
some books and some clothes and some Veggie Tales.
He enjoyed the stickers.
his Dad's tape measure...
and masses of balloons!

Birthday dinner at Red Robin! YUM!
It was a great birthday for the little guy.
We had fun anyway.
Next Post....Happy Birthday Alyssa!

2 comments:

Reese said...

Very nice. Peanut seems to be enjoying her time as a puppet :)

Lyssa said...

I DO like my quilt! It makes me happy :D thank you for my early birthday gift. We always love having you visit, it's too bad that we can't do it more often with more members of the family.

How did those Z girls like their quilts? I think they turned out fantastic!