Monday, January 04, 2010

Goodbye '09 ~ HELLO!!!! 2010!

The end of 2009 was sort of a melancholy time for our family. We had our final service as Generations Church. We have loved serving beside our pastor and his family for the past 2 1/2 years... and for almost 8 years before that. Cam has known no other pastor. But the decision to dissolve was made and the one thing we have to hold on to is that the Body of Christ is still alive and doing well!
So to help us feel better ;) we decided to go to the Olive Garden for lunch.
The kids had never been there so it was a nice treat.


Adventures in Commuterland.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not but Krystle has a JOB! The main drawback is the fact that taking public transportation to get there and back is not a practical option. The nearest bus stop to her facility would require her to walk over a mile up hill through a residential area and have to leave home before 5 in the morning. The buses are infrequent and don't run at all on weekends. She works 7:30 to 4:00 Saturday-Wednesday. So I am a running a 2 time a day Taxi. Last Wednesday we had a touch of a winter system move through our area.


I headed out about 3:15 .... here is what it looked like on the freeway exit.
And heading south on Macadam.

As we started to get into some hills the cars started to have some problems and many were unable to continue. The right lane became a parking lot. I decided since I had many hills in front of me it was time to put on the chains.
THANK YOU LOGAN AND ALYSSA! for letting me use your car and having it properly equipped for icy roads!
The traffic was mostly not moving. It took me 3 hours and 45 minutes to get there.

Once I arrived I was thankful for a lovely facility with "facilities" .

The Stafford is a retirement and assisted living facility. Krystle was hired to be on the housekeeping staff. It seems to be an ideal position.

Making the best of a not so good weather situation:











After seeing how long it took me to get there and after conversing with Har, we decided to hole up for a bit and get something to eat. I think we chose a wonderful place to spend an hour.
Curry in a Hurry! I think we'll visit this establishment again. YUM!






Finally arrived back home after driving 26 miles & being gone 6 1/2 hours!
It looked cozy and inviting with its Christmas lights and snow.

The Travelers Return











Rowan had been looking forward to going to the train station to pick up "Baby Heenree" for days! He was soooo excited.








What an adventure for a little guy. Seeing all that activity in the train yard.
They are back! I'm so glad they got to go to Michigan. I think those Michiganders were pretty happy that they came as well.

Back at the House
Kiel, Cherise and Henry got to open the Christmas gifts that were left here.
Henry likes his books and Mouse. "Hello Mouse!"

















I like to get glow bracelets on the 4th of July and on New Year's Eve... weird, I know, but it helps keep track of people in the dark.








Courtney's friend, Charles, brought some yummy snacks.

Most everyone spent the evening eating and playing Whoonu.



2010!
We had brunch on New Year's Day. Har praying for the food.
In keeping with the train travel theme of our holiday this year, I picked up a Gingerbread Train that Cherise and Cam worked on.
Lys and Logan's Christmas Crackers (forgotten on Christmas Day) were used at New Year's Day instead.
Grampa and Rowan spent some time Rockin' the New Year in with Grampa's bass guitar.
Too soon we had to see K & C off. What a difference a few months make in a baby's life. He is growing so fast. He rolled from back to tummy for the first time at my sister's house on Christmas Day.
I did have a calendar all ready to put up and thought they picked a perfect verse for the first month of the year.... no matter what lies ahead for our family and friends this year we need to remember
"In Everything Give Thanks"!
AMEN!

2 comments:

Reese said...

How fun! I haven't yet had to write (or type) the date... Not quite up to speed with the whole 2010 thing (even as I typed this it first came out 20010)
Oh well, I've got a little time to practice.

Lyssa said...

fantastic post mom! Good pictures and good times! :D