Saturday, January 16, 2010

Retro week and Changing of Decor

This is supposed to be the week to post pictures from our younger days on Facebook. I found a few school pictures that I had of myself and took a photo of the photos to be able to post them.


I have had to resort to using reading glasses lately so I guess it won't be long before I have to wear some full time.



Har isn't sleeping here... he's reading up on where Grand Central Baking Company started. Did you know that the family that started it grew wheat up in Goldendale?
They make and sell "Goldendale Wheat" bread. It is the most like Har's mom's bread of any I've ever tasted since she's been gone. I pick up a loaf every now and then for a special treat.

Had my camera with me when I got to Krystle's work a bit early. I had to park in a different lot and these trees were right in front of me. I love the bark in the picture on the left!

Shhhhh don't tell
I made a quilt for one of our sons-in-law. I'm pretty sure he won't be checking out my blog. So if you see him before his birthday next week don't tell him!

Mid-week visitors
Joylynn had to come into town for something so she came over with the kids.
Wyatt posed for my camera. He is getting to look so much older.
Genevieve was tired of having her hair fall in her face so her mom said it was okay for me to cut her hair. I love her with a short bob. She likes it too.
I caught her here at the table eating something but had to get a picture of Danika Dolly too so she "cheesed" for me. Such a puddin' face.... you could just smooch those cheeks!

Industrial look
I picke up an apron and rubber gloves for myself at Marshall's this week. It seems like I'm ready to handle toxic waste. I'm just going to be stylin' while I'm keeping my clothes from getting yucky.

Change of Seasons
Today I started taking down the Christmas tree. I was almost done with the ornaments when Ty brought Krystle home from work. (I am so grateful that he is able to do that for us every Saturday) He pitched right in and helped with the light removal and then literally pitched the tree outside for me.
I moved the furniture around in the living room and it looks pretty cozy.
I got our Valentine's decorations out and decorated the mantle. I will try to take them down a.s.a.p. after February 14th so I can get the St Patty's stuff up.
With a Valentine daughter and one that misses St Patrick's day by a day I want to give them equal time with "their" decor featured.
When I had elementary school kids I did more to decorate for the various holidays. I still do somewhat but not as over the top as in days past.
And that is just fine.

2 comments:

Reese said...

Very nice. I Loove the valentines decor. I guess I just like valentines day ;-)
Very nice pictures.

Courtenzia said...

I kinda like Valentines day too =) and and and I loooooooove the Valentines day decorations!