Sunday, March 28, 2010

2nd half of Spring break

It looks a little more like Spring at our house now.
I bought a planter for each side of our porch.
It won't be long before Courtney will be filling my porch planters with Impatiens.

Sew what?
My recent projects have been some receiving blankets for the new grandbabies.
I also made a rag quilt for the little one that Joylynn is still expecting.

AMUSEMENT




I have lived in Portland for almost 31 years and this was the first time I've ever been to Oaks Park.

Some of our kids have been there with youth groups or safety patrol but I know that Hayden and Cameron have never gone there.

It is one of Krystle's favorite places to go and she wanted to share the fun with Cam. He is one of our kids that really likes Amusement Park rides. He had a great time and is looking online to see when the next 2 for 1 deal is and figuring out who can go with him.


Movie and munchies
Courtney and Charlie got to take Wyatt to see "How to Train Your Dragon". Courts promised to take him since she couldn't make it to his school fun night.
He said there were a couple of scary parts but he did like it.


Friends and Fellowship
I took this picture over a week ago at the mall. Joy D. was in town waiting for her hubby to get off of work. Cherise, Henry and I went down and had a cup of coffee with her.
This week Gary and Nicole were heading out for breakfast and gave Har and I a call to see if we could join them... We could and we did.


Milo's City Cafe is really pretty close to here and it's got some great food. It's one of Logan and Alyssa's favs when they are in town too.











Isn't this a beautiful table? Charlie's parents had us over for dinner. The food was wonderful and the fellowship was fun. We definitely need to reciprocate really soon.
This is Trooper... he is one of my new friends. He wasn't begging from anyone else. I think Max may have sent him the message that I'm a pushover when it comes to pooches.

Palm Sunday
Courtney was in a Palm Sunday Choir at the St Johns Wesleyan Church.
They sang "Lord Of The Dance". Beautiful!
The carving on this table says "In remembrance of Me". In this Holy season I want to try to stop and remember what was done for me.

Hosanna in the Highest!

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

good post mom :) I really like your flowers. They make me wish I didn't have such a black thumb. I tell Logan that even though potted flowers are more practical I tend to prefer cut flowers. At least when they're already cut I'm not responsible when they die ;)

Hopefully the gardening gene just skips a generation and Katie can enjoy some gardening success :)

Lyssa said...

Oh and Rowan too! I hope Rowan has a green thumb. The more kids I have with green thumbs the better our yard and gardens will look! ;)

Reese said...

Cute cute fun fun.
Are those blankets two flannels sewn together or a regular fabric and a flannel?

mommarazzi said...

Double layer flannel blankets. Very soft and cozy for babies.