Saturday, March 20, 2010

What a week! Spring Break HO!

Our week started out with a quick trip up to Logan and Alyssa's to meet Katie.
I've been trying to keep in touch with them every day to see how things are going up there. They seem to have become a family of four without a hitch.
Since she is up there and I'm here... I'm posting a photo that came to my cell phone that I sent to my e-mail. Isn't today's technology amazing!!?
Chillin' on the boppy in a new outfit. Five days old.

Close to a milestone birthday

I don't want to refer to KimZ as my oldest friend because that could be taken wrong. She's certainly one I've had for a long time and it was her birthday this week. So we "did lunch" and had a great time! I always feel better after hanging out with Kim. Life's burdens are definitely lighter when shared and life's joys multiplied! "Thank you for being a friend..." It's almost time for the "Golden Girls" theme song hey?


My Darling local grand-daughters


When the kids were here the other night and were getting ready to go Danika and Genevieve busied themselves coloring while waiting for the rest of the family.
They are two of the sweetest happiest little girls ever!




TRADITION!
One of our traditions since having more than a couple kids is to take the birthday kid out for breakfast, just them and us. We let them choose. We have kids that research online for the number one breakfast places in Portland from year to year and then we have kids that have a favorite place to go. Krystle's favorite is IHOP. So on Thursday, Krystle's 23rd birthday, we were at the International House of Pancakes. It was actually pretty tasty.



A friend of Krystle's ordered a cookie bouquet that was delivered to the house. So cute.

Since she isn't a big cake fan we ordered a large cookie from Mrs Field's decorated with bats. Not my choice.... but it was delicious and sort of cute.


Sunshine, new bike, and Henry's 1st ride to the park


This is the first time I have been out riding my bike this year. It's also the first time I've been out with Courtney and her new bike. This is Henry's very first bike ride. He has a spiffy new helmet and a sporty new seat attached just behind the handle bars of his mom's bike. Let the adventure begin! Hopefully, it will give them an opportunity to hit the trails and highways and byways of the Walla Walla area and enjoy the great outdoors.

All good things...



















This Eastern Washingtonian sure got under our skin and wheedled his way into our hearts even further while he was here. It's always hard to see them take off and head home after a visit.
Now that we have a working vehicle again... perhaps we can head out there to see them!
See you guys! Thanks for staying through all the festivities this past week.

NEXT POST will hopefully include lots of images of SPRING BREAK FUN!

1 comment:

Lola Bacon said...

We have that same green seat! Simon loved it, but I think he might be too heavy for it this summer :(