Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Some loveliness and outings

We are enjoying the springtime flowers and plants bursting out all over the place while we wait for our "littlest lovely" to show her pretty face.










I finished Katelyn's blanket as much as I can prior to her arrival.
I started cross-stitching on blankets way back when I was expecting Courtney. I've made a type of baby announcement blanket for each of the grandkids. I am starting on one for Joylynn's little one very soon.

Custom made for the little princess.
Harlan finished this project that I mentioned in my last post. It is a stand for the Moses basket that Logan and Alyssa used when Rowan was a newborn. Cherise and Kiel had a basket for Henry as well. This will allow Lyssa to have the baby next to the bed in their room without getting a separate cradle or bassinette.

A couple of the boys














It happens very rarely that we have only a couple of kids at home. I don't even remember what night this was but we had only Rylan and Cam for the evening. It was kind of nice getting to visit with just these two technically minded guys. We miss our Hayden though. He's been hanging out up in Lacey, ready to take over the care of Rowan when his parents have to head for the hospital.

It was Friday which meant:
PIZZA!
So many to choose from...that night it ended up being the 19" Sicilian.
Finished a little project for Henry. He loves his veggies! We'll have to get him in on the choice of pizza this coming Friday. He and his parents are going to be here!


Burgerville!











We have another reason to love Burgerville!
Charles A. Domina (aka Courtney's boyfriend) just got hired there. He starts his job this week.



Krystle is looking for a job as well but is getting plugged into a Career Counseling or Guidance type of program. I really want her to get something that is going to "fit" her skill set and give her the chance to shine!

The Beauties and Uncle Rylan



















Joylynn had a couple things to do in our area the other day and I needed to run out in a different direction so Uncle Rylan was asked to watch the girls. I came home to find Genevieve and Danika busily "fighting" each other in a game on the Wii.
Genevieve told Joylynn that they had fun playing the "punching game" with Uncle Rylan.
(No children were hurt in the playing of the game) I think Uncle Rylan had fun too.

As I mentioned earlier we are starting to enjoy the benefits of Spring here in Portland.
I stopped to take a picture of an azalea starting to bloom. Won't be long before the fragrance of lilacs is blowing in the back yard. Seasons.... always changing. Hopefully we are growing and changing as well.

5 comments:

Reese said...

Very pretty pictures. Glad the girls got to spend time with Uncle Rylan. We'll probably be in late on Friday... we'll see.
We're excited to come!

Lyssa said...

While I'm happy to be more ready and to have given Grampa enough time to finish the bed stand I sort of wish his littlest lovely would decide that tonight is a good night to come out and meet everyone.

Lola Bacon said...

I miss you guys! We don't quite have the gas money right now to make it down when Cherise is in town, but at the latest we'll be there at the end of April, so Simon and I will be sure to stop by.

mommarazzi said...

Lalita, you must stop by when you are in town. Perhaps you can make it part way down for a day trip to see Katie baby in a couple of weeks.

Lola Bacon said...

Yes! Bob told me you can take 99 past downtown seattle and then connect with I-5. I-5 in Seattle is the only thing keeping me from Lacey, and now I can get past it! Simon and I will come down after Katie makes her grand entrance - either when other people are others are there so we can see everybody, or when there are no others so, so we don't overwhelm mamma and baby.