Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Grandchildren and our Children are both GREAT!

This is my Life
I love my kids but there is something special about these little ones!






Lyssa and her two babies were here for a long weekend. Logan made a couple of recordings of himself reading to Rowan a couple of specially made books. Each of the two books gets listened to at bedtime. Katie gets to listen too. Makes the time when Dad is away a little easier. So cool!

Sunday Morning
Sunday was Danika's birthday and with Rowan in town we wanted them to be in class together. Krystle has been taking Wyatt, Genevieve and Danika with her to New Song and they really like it but we wanted the whole bunch with us at Central Bible this week.
I should have moved Garrett over to the "boy's" side and Katie to the "girl's" but...
Three year check-up
Danika had a doctor's appointment for Monday morning so she dressed herself in some of her finest new things and created a lovely ensemble. Her babies got to go for the ride.


The pediatrician said that she had never had anyone wear pearls for their exam before but she thought is was a nice touch.

Danika did great especially since there were no shots.
We came home happy to have had a good check-up.




Rest Time
They were just goofing off here with Uncle Hayden but I find I look forward to the real thing every day. I don't nap when they do but I just listen to the quiet. It is a rare thing these days.



Everyone was sleeping at the same time except for Wyatt and he was being silent playing a game on the Wii. Blissful!!!




Back to School
Hayden is starting what possibly could be his final year of homeschooling. Cam is in his 2nd year of Middle School or his first year of Jr High however you figure it.
Har and I took them out for "coffee" to kick off their school year.

Fun with Four
At least 3 of the 4 of them are having fun. I'm going to try this shot again one of these days. I think it's super cute. Not a huge variation in hair color hey?

Getting things done and takin' it easy



I had an hour and a half to make a few phone calls and get some other things done on Monday so I spent it at McDonald's. They have pretty fast wireless and it's FREE! Nice!







I got my tiki torches new wicks and filled them with fuel. It is so nice to sit out on the porch for a few minutes now that it's not so much mosquito weather. We live on a busy street but even so, there is serenity to be found just outside our front door.
I'm happy summer is behind us. My favorite seasons are ahead. Life is good.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Cute babies!!! :D I love Danika's sense of style (not to mention her fantastic sashay!)

I agree on naptime though I think I am going to have to try and sleep when mine are sleeping ;)

Hope your sanctuary on the porch continues to be a refuge for you :) Also that things settle down SOON, this summer was a crazy one!

Lyssa said...

P.S. I loooove that pic of you and your youngest grandbabies :) too cute!