Sunday, September 26, 2010

I must be getting older... everything takes longer to accomplish these days!

An Outing ~ Trip to Fred Meyer














While Wyatt was in school one day this week, Alyssa, Courtney and I took the rest of the little ones and went to Fred Meyer. Just getting everyone into the car and buckled took about 15 minutes. Garrett doesn't look too thrilled but everyone else was pretty excited.

Genevieve and Rowan got to go into PlayLand. So the rest of us had one hour to shop for things for Genevieve's birthday which is coming up in a couple of weeks.
I bought a couple of things and squirreled them away in the van. By then we had to pick them up from PlayLand. I was amazed at how much longer everything takes when you are traveling en masse.

"She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar."


Does that Proverbs 31 scripture refer to Panda Express also. It must have this week since they had their customer appreciation day. Buy one entree and get one free. Dinner for everyone for under $20!
















Another Ethnic Dish... with a twist





Alyssa had the recipe for Mexican Lasagna. It is layered like traditional lasagna but with refried beans and seasoned ground beef instead of spaghetti sauce. The top layer of noodles is topped with sour cream, salsa and cheese.

YUMMY!











Rockers and Rollers














I should clarify that Katie is a rocker. She rocks on her knees and does a commando crawl like she was taught by a pro ;) Garrett is a roller but only from tummy to back.





The Project so far
The steps that Har built are so beautiful. A bunch of us were hanging out on them this afternoon. The steps were stained and have 4 coats of polyurethane on them. The risers will be painted a creamy white color eventually. We also haven't figured out what sort of railing we want yet either. One thing at a time.

Home Sweet Home
It's been awhile since I posted a picture of the house. I was out there with Harlan and Jess the other night and it was so peaceful! The sound of the kids' activities inside of it was a slight background murmur. I love my house and my whole crazy busy family!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

I love that shot of the house! :) And the other ones too. Looks like Katie spent the whole day in her jammies, sheesh who is her mom anyway? ;)

loverstreet said...

I can't wait to see the stairs all painted up! I love it when the tops are stained and the kickboards are painted! Pictures please.
Also, could your grandchildren be any cuter? I think not!