Saturday, November 06, 2010

Countdown to the C&C wedding

Alyssa's Birthday Celebration
I sometimes wish I were more of a baker. I can cook but baking isn't my forte.... so I picked up this fruit tart from Safeway. It was very yummy.










Alyssa and I got the babies down for naps and the rest of the kids watching a movie and handed the job of caring for them to Hayden and Cameron. We went straight to the mall for pedicures. Both of us chose sparkly polish but she got a design on hers.

We walked from the mall to McMenamins on 15th and Broadway to meet Harlan for lunch. On the way there we looked across the street to where our girls used to work at Bibos. The tulip tree that stands at the corner of the building is finally wearing its fall colors.













Harlan got to the restaurant before us so he was waiting at a table. I called to him to let down his golden hair... but he has already let down as many as he could, so we had to use the stairs.



Lyssa really liked the decor and the food offerings there.

It really is a beautiful heated patio space. I hope it's open on my birthday next month!
Har and I had quite the conversation while deciding what to eat. Thus we split the "Communication Breakdown Burger" and I ate the salad that came with it and he had soup.
It is pretty much a case of "you had to be there". Lyssa laughed anyway.













We came home and Har went downstairs to wrap the present from Logan. I think she is going to get a lot of use out of this especially when the kids are napping and the weather is yucky.



Birthday Bouquet
We try to get our girls flowers on their birthdays. This was todays bouquet.

Happy 21st Birthday Nicole!










Burgerville was the place that a bunch of people got together to celebrate our friend Nicole's 21st birthday. It was wonderful seeing so many old friends!
Courtney wanted me to take a picture of the 3 Duckworth kids with our 3 youngest kids. These guys have a lot of shared memories from the past 12 years. Isaiah and/or Garrison should spend some time being a street musician. It was so natural for them to just pick up the guitar and start playing.

Courtney and Charles



















They are both goof balls. I don't see too many nerves evident at this time but the week is young. We are in the final countdown of days until they get married.
I tried on Wyatt's ring bearer duds. He is looking forward to wearing those new shoes to school the week after next. I think he looks so much like my brother Gerry in this picture.
He says he is going to carry Charles' ring and Rowan can carry Courtney's. We'll have to make that arrangement.

No comments: