Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer fun and Happy Birthday!

Summer Sunday Outing
We took advantage of the Kids Eat Free at Panda Express again this week.

















I had to stay home from church because Garrett was not feeling very good. Krystle got home from Family Camp in time to watch him so we could take the other three for an outing.
They sure enjoy and appreciate being treated.

I love my flowers
I have three of these impatiens baskets but only one has a hosta coming up beneath it. I'm going to try to find out what the hosta needs in the way of nutrients because I love it and want to keep it going year after year.

Water fun
This inflatable pool was the best twenty bucks I've spent in quite some time. The grands watch the weather online every day to see if the temperature is going to be 80 degrees or above. On days that we reach 80 or close to it they get to play in the pool.
Genevieve said she needed to keep the hair out of her eyes with her goggles. I think she looks like a little flapper girl from the '20s!

















Wyatt was just playing around.
Danika was posing. Shocker there!

Hayden turned 17 on the 17th!
Having a birthday in the middle of a week is hard. It's also hard being the 4th person in the family with a birthday so far this month. I think we managed to make him feel adequately celebrated though.

Heading out for dinner
We were treated to excellent weather and were able to put the rag top down on the LeBaron and head out for Hayden's birthday meal.
He chose well as far as restaurants go.
He has never eaten at the Outback. We looked at various restaurant menus online today and he decided he wanted to have a steak and try a bloomin' onion.
As it turned out Wednesday is FREE Bloomin' Onion day!
Hurray for mid-week birthdays!

Headed back home
I had a blast taking pictures without windows and a roof in the way. Hayden loved the wind blowing through his hair and listening to his iPod.
Over the windshield shot.
Coming into the Lloyd District.

We have been putting up with construction for well over a year. We will eventually have a street car running from the Pearl District to OMSI. Hope the ridership is worth the cost and headaches!


Presents and PIE!
Courtney & Charlie and Cam gave him similar gifts.
He now has lots and lots of snacks and a movie to watch while he enjoys them.
Can hardly believe it's been seventeen years since we welcomed that big little 11 lb guy.

The year I turned seventeen was the toughest but one of the best years of my life.
I hope Hayden experiences a whole lot of growth and new adventures in the year ahead. It will be awesome to stand by him and support him in the challenges that are sure to come.

Happy Birthday Hayden!
We are blessed by you being in our family!!!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Hooray Hayden!! :D Excellent choice for dinner there mate! Also that pie looks amazing :) mmmmm...

So does panda... hm. Maybe I need to go have a snack ;)

Courtenzia said...

I was a brat when I turned 17..I remember the day well and if I could go back I would smack myself for being a brat. Anyways, I can't say the same about Hayden. He's a pretty cool guy =)