Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tea for Two plus 6

I have a new teapot
Not exactly blog worthy news but I was pretty excited to find it at Goodwill.

Thursday, after Har and I had our happy hour date at Newport Seafood Grill, he rode his bike home and I crossed the street to wander around Goodwill. I don't remember the last time I was able to browse there without having time constraints: someone or something needing my attention.

It was a strange sensation, to be sure.

I try not to go there without something specific to look for. Lord knows I don't need any more "stuff" (you may have another word for it) around this house to deal with. I'm sure everyone has their favorite things to shop for there. I always look for pieces to add to my Corelle dinnerware. Other glassware, candle holders (Partylite) and picture frames. In the other glassware category I found this teapot. There are no brand markings on it and it looks hand painted. I'm wondering if it was painted at Ceramica or someplace like that.

In any event, it is large (64 oz capacity) and heavy. It is perfect for our family for after dinner tea with dessert. And it set me back $4.99!
That to me is blog worthy.

No comments: