Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lessons learned

These lovely flower shots cost me something
  During my morning walk yesterday, I stopped several times to snap photos of the neighborhood blooms. I'm using my cell phone almost exclusively for photos so had to take it out every time I had the urge to take a picture. Unfortunately, I wasn't carrying a purse of any kind so my driver's license, debit card and credit card were in my pocket. The same one my phone was in. When I got home only my driver's license was still there.

I learned a good lesson about carrying valuables in pockets and I also learned that we have some pretty great neighbors. The person who found my credit card notified the bank immediately and we currently have a new card on its way. And the gentleman who found my ATM card looked me up and tried to phone and then left a note on the mailbox saying he'd found my debit card. By that time I'd already been to the bank and received a replacement.
I know it could have turned out much differently but I am thankful for the way it did.

Luncheon with my friend, Kim



Kim was able to get away from work for a long lunch. I picked her up and we went down to McGrath's Fish House. I love that place. We were practically the youngest customers there for lunch. It is super popular with the geriatric set. When I dropped her back at work I was able to hold their classroom bunny. He's a mini and so soft and cute!
Can it be that time already!!!
Didn't we just start Summer? Joann Fabrics had some amazing sales yesterday. But first I had to get over the fact that they have Autumn and Thanksgiving decor displayed.

The team colored nutcrackers are all lined up for football seasonThat is one thing I am looking forward to. Why does it seem like basketball and baseball seasons last sooo long and football season is so short? Perhaps I should become more of a futbol fan but soccer has never been my thing either. The NFL preseason is just around the corner.
 She looks pretty good for 70
 Seventy years of sewing! I would love to look like this when I'm seventy. I do have one of those nifty old sewing machines and pearls, so I'm part way there ;)
Coming back from class last night
I was driving home directly into the sunset last night after my Habits of Health class. This was on Sunnyside Rd. It was more like Sun-in-front Rd. By the time I got off of north bound I-205 and onto west bound I-84 the sun had dropped behind the hills.
My GPS indicated that the sun was officially down by displaying its night mode. Pretty cool hey?

No comments: