Saturday, October 05, 2013

A few more things we did with Cherise, Hens and Bellie

Chipper's Preschool Party
 I had checked out the website to see if Oaks Park was still open after school started. I saw in the September events that they had rides from 9:30-11:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for preschool age kids. I promised Garrett I would take him. Cherise wanted to introduce her kids to Oaks Park too, so she drove down and we went together.
Here are a few pictures of our time there.










The slide was the only "ride" Cherise went on. I made myself sick taking the kids on rides they couldn't go on alone.
Anabelle and I were in the car behind these guys on the roller coaster.
I tried to take a break and let them ride by themselves periodically.




Some rides Anabelle had to only watch. On others she was all smiles. That girl loves the action! The faster and bouncier the better.



Garrett, Anabelle and I went on the Rockin' Tug. Henry wasn't sure about this one. But when he saw what it did, he decided to go on by himself right after our turn stopped.





We went up, up, up. This balloon ride went higher than those helicopters in Legoland. Little Miss wasn't phased at all by the heights. You can see Cherise waiting for us down below.



There were some rides that Anabelle couldn't go on at all. The boys loved this frog jump though.




We went through pretty much all the rides. And then we went back to go on a few of their favorites.



We didn't stay for cookies and story time. We opted to meet Joylynn at Taco Bell for lunch before we dropped Garrett off at home.

Garrett loved getting hugs from Chipper :D
It was a great morning!
We made a run for the border



The person that created cheesy roll ups was a kid's best friend. All of these kids love 'em.
As if Oaks Park wasn't fun enough...


Our next stop was Lloyd Center to let Henry ride elevators. We found a couple of kiddy rides there as well.


We rode in the Macy's elevator up to the fourth floor, the main mall elevator to all three levels and the Marshall's elevator on our way out. Henry picked out a new long sleeved shirt at Gap Kids. It looks pretty snazzy with his overalls.
Henry helped shop at Whole Foods
Hayden, Henry and I took a walk to Whole Foods to get supper stuff. Those shoppers in training carts are pretty cool.
A sweet, but short, visit with a dear friend
Lalita and Cherise have been friends since childhood. I'm thankful that they are able to keep in touch and can share their adventures in mommy-hood. And I'm glad I could ride along to get to see Lalita's lovely home too. We'll have to have a longer visit next time the kids are here from the Tri-cities.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Aah, what fun! I only wish I could have brought along my girls. Though I don't know... They might have a limit on the amount of cute and splendid fun allowed in one day and it looks like you guys were pushing that! ;)