Saturday, October 05, 2013

Gar and Gram's adventure

One more visit to Oaks Park
I picked up Garrett early on the last Tuesday in September. It was a bit chilly that day and it had rained like crazy the night before but it was the last week for Chipper's Pre-school Party so we were headed out. I was wearing four layers of clothes along with my rain boots. Garrett was bundled up too.
He started out wearing his new Beaver's hat but soon decided he'd use his hood if it was necessary to keep the rain off.
We went on the Tilt-a-Whirl twice. Once when we first got there and once before we left. I could have done without that second ride :P  Garrett was a spoiled little guy. The weather must have kept away the crowds which allowed Garrett to ride and ride and ride some more. He rode the roller coaster 6 times! Five times in a row.





Garrett loves zebras. He wanted to ride one on the carousel. I even rode the horse next to him. I practically needed a ladder to get off of it at the end of the ride but it was super fun.












Just before we took the final train ride of the morning we climbed up to slide down Big Pink. I could have done that a time or two more!
Goodbye Chipper... until next summer.
Almost as fun as the rides




Have boots, will jump.
I made sure we brought a change of clothes just in case the rides were wet. He didn't need to change until I let him jump in all the puddles in the parking lot.
One more stop and then an over night at our place


Gar and I have many many memories of our shopping trips to Fred Meyer. It is a treat to take him to say hi to his friends there.
Our Zoo Day
I was planning on having Hayden watch Garrett while I went to my water aerobics class on Wednesday but I wanted to hang out with Garrett that morning. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said, "See lots and lots of animals!" so our third zoo trip in as many weeks was in order.
We went to areas of the zoo that we hadn't been to on our previous two trips. We saw one of the polar bears.


And FIVE of the elephants including Samudra and his little sister Lily!




I've posted pictures of various of the grandkids on these sculptures but here is a view from a little further away that shows most of the garden there.
We currently don't have a zebra at the zoo. They are working to get some more but ours passed away as one of the oldest living zebras in any zoo. Garrett insists that the zebra isn't gone but is sleeping somewhere.


The goat keeper wasn't there so we couldn't pet them but we got to watch them and wish.


Since I'm needing to eat every two to three hours we had lunch there. The chicken nuggets are shaped like animals, so are the cookies and the drink bottles. Very nice!
Gar-bear found even more to explore in the parking lot. He started hoisting that traffic cone to look through it. What a fun couple of days with a fun boy.


1 comment:

Lyssa said...

What adventures you two have! You're like the dynamic duo!! :)