Thursday, October 30, 2014

PDX to DCA



Heading out of Portland
 Courtney dropped us off at the curb at the airport.
 I bought a new memory card for my camera and checked it out by taking a selfie at the gate. I snapped a few more while we were in flight though I had to reach over Har to do it. He had window seats the whole trip.


I handed the camera to him to snap a picture of Goldendale from the air. We had a great non-stop flight across the country.


And we had a great view of the monuments as we landed.
 We were greeted by a wonderful welcome party!
 A very patiently waiting welcome party at baggage claim ;0)
 It was almost sunset as we were driving to their place from Reagan International.

 Rowan liked the twin sized quilt I
made for him.

He was more excited to show me how good he was at playing one of his 3DS games though.

I got to snuggle a bit with the girls as well. Then we moved outside.


We were treated to a backyard fire 


 Grampa has lots of "little dollies" and had a shadow in this one. She calls Harlan Gramps and it's pretty cute.
We were SO happy to finally be in Virginia!

 Everything was set up for us and was so warm and welcoming :0)

Our home away from home for the next two weeks
We had a lovely set up in their basement  with a comfy bed and dresser. 
We had our own bathroom too. 
The time change was not going to be a problem. It was past 10 p.m. east coast time and only 7 in Oregon but we were more than ready to turn in and rest up to get started on projects the next day. Harlan and Logan were planning on doing some home improvement things and Lyssa and I had some quilts to work on…. More photos to come!

No comments: