Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What we've been up to...

February is coming to a close really quickly. I guess time does seem to go by faster the older you get. I haven't even gotten all of my Christmas decorations down and Easter is just around the corner. We have had some fun this month. Lyssa and I have been crazy for quilts. Or at least our version of them.
This is a picture of Alyssa "quilting" the squares of her quilt. I am so glad that I found out about this technique for cutting and quilting as you go. It is so much geared to my short attention span personality. You can pretty much do a quilt a day from yard goods -to cut squares -to quilting- to assembly. Just throw it in the washer and dryer and VOILA! you have a lovely made from scratch quilt or throw.




















Here is the one we did for Courtney's birthday. Pieced on the left. Finished on the right.

Below is Alyssa's finished quilt with the corner turned so you can see the back.

Here is one more I'm working on.
It's fun stuff.



Speaking of fun stuff...

Our little leprechauns are all ready for St Paddy's day. Wyatt's shirt says "Lucky and Charming" He is that.

We are up in Lacey again. And what trip to Lacey would be complete without playing peek-a-boo with Rowan and a large plastic pan at Big Lots.

Or a stop at our most favorite restaurant in the area.
Though we have never had breakfast there, those burgers are really really yummy. Their milk shakes aren't bad either. It is definitely an all American support the troops kind of place. No lattes & tofu here (though they do have a gardenburger on the menu). We find it's just good food, a nice atmosphere and has friendly folk to take care of you.
YUM!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Great quilts! I sure love my quilty pillow!