Sunday, February 28, 2010

Under construction

Harlan is a problem solver. He has been challenged over the years to construct various items to serve a specific purpose. He thinks spatially and has used mathematical equations to solve many a design issue.
Desks for the boys
I looked into his notebook and took a few pictures. Most of the pages look like something that Leonardo DaVinci might have come up with. The above sketch looks almost exactly like what it turned out to be.









Hayden and Cameron each have their own computer. We needed someplace on the main floor for them to be able to access them. They needed to face away from each other as the boys including some of the sons-in-law like to play games against one another and prefer not to have visual access to the other's screen.


The finished product. Space saving and innovative. I really like them!

Har's birthday present for JESS


I made a quilt for Jess for his birthday.

Har wanted to build him a locking storage unit for his handguns and rifles.

I didn't find the drawings pertaining to this particular piece of furniture but I do have photos of the final assembly.
The outside of the case is one piece with a locking door. The carousel unit slides up inside and is bolted from the bottom.
This is the customized space for his Ruger handgun.... felt lined and perfectly fitted.



































Final ajustments on the installation of the light.
It does a nice job of lighting up each of the sections.
It's just like a refrigerator light. I goes off when you shut the door.
There are spots for 4 pistols and 4 rifles in addition to bins for ammo or holsters or whatnot.
Finally finished!
Being oooohhhheed and ahhhhhed over by Gary Duckworth.

A stand for Miss Katelyn's Moses basket
The drawing board.
The beginning of the project purchases.
Some of the first cuts.
I will post pictures of the finished product soon. Hopefully it will have a little baby girl enjoying it!

Pizza from "scratch"















Made pizza from scratch for a change. Looks picture perfect to me. It was pretty tasty too!



One of the fun parts of homeschooling.
Taking a break from the computer to work on his monkey skills and have a few jelly beans.
I love my school kids!!!!!

A different kind of "construction" happening...



















Our girls that are "infanticipating".
Aren't those beautiful bellies?

Can't wait for these new little ones to be here.
~Life is good!~

2 comments:

Reese said...

Oh man, that pizza looks good! We'll have to make some in a couple weeks.
I don't have anything Dad-built =(
Maybe he can design me a spice rack. It's a bit smaller than his usual projects, but I don't have one and I use my spices all the time.

Lyssa said...

I agree, that pizza looks fantastic! Mmmmm...

I'm excited for Katie's bed stand :D Cherise- you should ask him! I think a smaller project could be just what dad needs :)