Sunday, May 16, 2010

Beautiousness and Time with the Grands

Neighborhood enjoyment walk

















Harlan and I woke up to a beautiful Saturday morning so we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. As he looked at vehicles, landscaping and houses I ooooohhed and aaaaahhhhed over flowers. I also took a blurry artsy shot of the reflection of Harlan's face in the tile table.

We visited Rock Creek Church
Joylynn attends a church not far from her house. Rock Creek Church. It is literally across the road from Wyatt's school. It was a nice service and we were happy to spend some time with the kids. Of course I had my camera and took a picture of the rock wall up at the altar.
I LOVE RIVER ROCK!
We were debating where we were going to go out to eat on this day of "rest"aurants. Poor Danika thought her mother was going to leave her and would not settle down for the picture.

The Old Spaghetti Factory













Got to sit in the trolley. We had to split up to fit so we had a boys table and a girls table.
Har and I joined the girls.
Trying to figure out how many of the Old Spaghetti Factories each of them had been to.
Joylynn has been to several that are in different states.
Grampa was tending to Danika. She said "Thank you, Grampa" every time he did anything to help her. Such a sweet girl.
Posing unwillingly... especially Genevieve. She really wanted to get back to the game room.

Waiting for baby
I finished the cross-stitch blanket that I'm doing for Joylynn and Jess's baby.
I even put the name on it but cropped it out of the photo in case they don't want it published or in the event that they change their minds and I have to rip it out. Anything can happen hey!
I'm ready when you are little one.

I've got to remember that I'm
Through trials, struggles, disappointment and pain I have to remember that in "Christ alone I place my trust!"
Each and every day.

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

I did see this post :) it's a good one. It makes me want to go to the old spaghetti factory (I love that place!) Can't wait to see all you guys this weekend!

P.S. Amen to the end of your post :) All other ground is sinking sand.

Reese said...

I second the Old Spaghetti Factory! Hear hear!

That pic with Dad's face is a little creepy but cool =)

Lola Bacon said...

We want to see you too! Time and money are in short supply for us for awhile, but hopefully soon we'll be down south again!