Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother, Mother's Day, and needing to stay focused

Happy Mother's Day
For all the Moms out there..... I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Happy Anniversary
These crazy kids just celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Don!


My Mother's Quilt



















I know I put a picture of this fabric on the blog earlier so I thought I'd put a picture of the final product. I like the co-ordinating binding. I'm happy to say that it even got shipped to Michigan in time for Mom to get it for Mother's Day.

Soon to be welcoming Baby #4
I didn't get to see Joylynn on the holiday. This picture was from about 10 days before. She had just gotten back from donating more than 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love. Looks like she could have donated a bit more. She went back the next day and had highlights put in. It was a nice gift of pampering from her friend.
Wyatt drew a picture of her in school and made a list of what he liked about her as a Mom.

Celebrating with 1/2 of our kids
I wanted to go out for Thai food so we headed up to Monsoon Thai on Skidmore and Mississippi. Yummy food and a homey atmosphere. Their flaming beef was wonderful!



















Courtney has been busy lately, learning to quilt (real piecework as opposed to the rag method that I usually do). She made me the beautiful table runner that she is holding here. The photo on the left is a rag quilt that she made for Charlie's mother. She was rummaging through my fabrics at 10:30 in the morning and had it cut, sewed, washed and dried by 6 in the evening to present it to Joann.
Krystle met an almost blind woman at the retirement center that she used to work at. This is a painting the woman did. Krystle bought it and had it matted and framed for me.
Isn't it lovely?

Less than a month to go: the countdown has started.

The boys are done with school on June 11th and cannot wait for this years work to be over. They are all registered for next year and Hayden got his class list.
We have got to stay buckled down and focused to end successfully.



















Cameron keeps having a supervisor for his school work. She is a little disgusted that he no longer has the old style CRT monitor. The flat screen doesn't have a nice warm shelf to lay on.
The next day she was up on the computer between the two school boys checking out Hayden's literature. I think she'd like to read it!

My prayer for the week ahead.
Have a great one!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!! and a belated happy anniversary to Gramma and Don.

A wonderful post of beautiful creativity and talent :D Thank you for passing those attributes onto us kids :)