Sunday, October 03, 2010

Oh My-Lanta! What a week!

Danika and the Doctor
Danika's pre-diabetic condition has not advanced at all so she doesn't need to see the endocrinologist again until the end of March. I will have to test her blood sugar daily for one week each month. She sure is a trooper!

Wyatt's Tomato


















Remember last spring when we planted this lowly plant?The poor thing only produced one fruit which we harvested this week. Wyatt doesn't even like tomatoes! Genevieve really enjoyed eating most of it.
Fighting Traffic
I know it looks like were eating breakfast at Village Inn but really we are avoiding the heavy morning commuter traffic back into Portland after dropping Wyatt off at school.

More time to kill
Genevieve, Danika, Garrett and I had about 30 minutes until we picked up Wyatt last Thursday. So we pulled off to play at a park for a few minutes. Little wiggly ones need to work off some energy before they have to be strapped into carseats for who knows how long on the way home.

Visitors from the East and the North
Thursday evening Naomi and Mike came into town from Goldendale, Washington. Their 27th!!!! Anniversary was Friday and they came to town to celebrate. They swung by just as they got into town and Naomi got to smooch on some babies that happened to be needing smooches!
Saturday evening Gerry and Amy came over and got to enjoy some time with our grandkids.
Katie took a shine to Great Uncle Ger.

BUSY BUSY BABES!

I managed to whittle down a ton of pictures that I took this week into these few.


























































It was mostly cousins hanging out. Henry and Katie sharing Cheerios, Rowan "helping" Danika with her PJs, Katie and Hayden watching TV and later Rowan and Danika doing the same. Finally, we come to the book worms. Jess looking at books with Genevieve and Henry doing what he loves to do. I'm happy to see that our kids and grandkids love books!

























Bridal Shower #1





Courtney was showered with gifts and well wishes for her upcoming betrothal. We had a nice turn out. I'm posting a couple of pictures here that aren't embarrassing to Courtney. She got some really pretty little things! ;)
Naomi was here! She got her wish to sit on the new steps. She also got to meet Henry for the first time this weekend. Here she is with her birthday buddy & God-daughter Cherise.

Second shower of the weekend
One of Courtney's bride's maids, Emily, hostessed a bridal shower for her at Emily's house. Courtney's future Mother-in-law Joanne and her future Sister-in-law Brianna are on the couch with her.



















Of the two showers I think this one embarrassed Courts the most. She enjoyed it though.
Here is the female side of the bridal party minus 2 bridesmaids and one flower girl. (Katie G. is standing in for Katie Z.)

Yes, there is a definite resemblance!
Naomi was commenting on how much Cherise looks like Harlan's mother. So the folks' wedding picture was gotten out and sure enough there is a definite resemblance.

Enjoying the last of the summer color
My impatiens are still doing well and I'm enjoying the color as long as possible. I know that as soon as my maple trees' leaves turn red the frost is going to take care of these flowers. I'd like to get a couple of small artificial Christmas trees to put in these planters to light up during the holidays.

First things first... we have a wedding in less than 6 weeks!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Whew! busy days! We must be sure to enjoy the happy moments, the quiet moments, and the special moments. Especially if any of those happen to coincide! ;)

Thanks for being super Mom (and SuperGramma too!). You are a huge encouragement to me! As I learn that getting through crazy tough times with grace and strength doesn't mean getting through them without tears or breakdowns. Also that tears and breakdowns don't mean failure, they're just part of the "getting through".

I love you :)

Reese said...

Very nice =) I finally got up a new post on my page!
I think we need to try a better comparison picture of me/Grandma. That one is a little fuzzy.

See you in a couple days!