Thursday, December 09, 2010

Time for list making

"Gonna find out who's naughty or nice"
There is a lot of talk of Christmas around these parts. Decorating is going much slower this year than in past years. Slowly but surely we are getting things put up. I'd rather enjoy the process and not drive myself crazy trying to do everything.
I am enjoying having little helpers around. Must try to do a few baking things with the kids that are old enough to help with that.

Tree is up and lit

We have a large tree this year. It is a full noble. The guys that got it in the stand made sure that we had plenty of spaces facing the room to showcase the kids' ornaments. It's so nice when they hang freely rather than lay on the outside of the tree. We've had our share of groomed Douglas firs that we couldn't make a dent in to hang any thing. They have the perfect Christmas tree shape but lack in charm. Charlie Brown knew the value of imperfection.









S'more Nativity

I apologize if anyone thinks this is sacrilegious. I've gotten a couple of S'more ornaments for Courtney and Charlie. Hers is a cup of cocoa with a marshmallow smiling in it. His is a guitar playing s'more.

As kind of a tradition, I have gotten each of the girls (after they have moved out) a nativity set or at least a set of figurines of Mary, Joseph and Jesus. I haven't found one for Courtney yet but saw this ornament at Kohl's. I had to get it for her. I still want to get her a more realistic set but for this year this'll do.





Lights of the Season
We still have a couple of strings of the icicle lights, the kind that are up on the dormer, to put across the front of the house. They may not get up this year but for now this is what you see when it's dark outside. I think it is pretty cozy looking. What do you think?

(Had to send my new camera back to be replaced, I hope. It didn't take pictures in any mode other than automatic. So I have a little point and shoot that I'll be using for the rest of the month. Hopefully I'll manage to blog a few times before the end of the year.)

2011 is just around the corner!

5 comments:

Lyssa said...

Everything looks wonderful! If you can you should totally get a dining room tree, and if it just doesn't work out you should find some way to put your angels up in there anyway!

"When life gives you lemons, keep them! Because, hey, free lemons"
~T-shirt I saw online ;)

I love you mom!

Reese said...

Yay! That tree looks great. Maybe just go one room at a time with decorating. Everyone can hang out in the decked-out living room if the others aren't as decorated =)

Lola Bacon said...

It looks lovely! You're festive, giving, loving Christmas spirit shines through whatever decorations you may have. Generosity, dedication, and love are evident in all you do. I love you and miss you!

Courtenzia said...

The tree is so big! Hopefully Peanut-Butter and Ninja don't decide to climb it or anything ;)

I really like that ornament! I can't wait to come get it tomorrow =) Thanks!!

Btw, that picture of Garrett is super super cute! And the house looks great and inviting =)

Lyssa said...

P.S. the outside decorations are kickin the pants off of anyone else's decorations in the neighborhood!! Ha! :D