Friday, February 04, 2011

Blogging is like tying a string around my finger

Today's blog is totally self serving... just to remind me that we do have sun in the winter around here, though rare. I also wanted to remind some of you that lived in Portland at one time or other just what you are missing.


Sunshine for the morning commute
Font size
It was a golden morning drive earlier this week. Many of the West Hills homes were reflecting that fact. I love it when I'm out the door to enjoy this time of day.

Sunny + clear = freezing temps
Each of the ornamental fountains at the Murray/Cornell McDs had a layer of ice on them. They were really pretty.

Stopped at Home Depot
Two 2x4s running from the windshield past the back seat. Garrett was cozy in his carseat just behind me.

Heavy inbound traffic on 26?
Barnes to Burnside for our alternate.









Sunny in the Afternoon too!
If you look closely, you can see Wyatt pulling his rolling backpack.

Heading East on 26
I love all the green trees! I once told a friend who was complaining about our grey skies that grey and green really go well together. I think the green looks pretty fabulous with blue too.
Into the tunnel.
And out the other side! Welcome to downtown P-town.
Hayden was the photographer on this rides. He caught a bit of Mt Hood between the Lloyd Center area high rises.

Spoiling myself














Har, the boys and I were able to run to the mall one evening. I have been dreaming about getting us a new tv for the den. Well Sears just happened to have a sale on a discontinued model. We got an excellent deal. Garrett, Har and I watched "Desk Set" on Netflix.




Lyssa is so creative in her gift giving
I wasn't able to post these right after I took them because of the stealthness of her plans.
Alyssa wanted to do something special for Logan and his guys when they got back. Being such an artistic gal she wanted to design a label to put on some of their favorite beverages. This plan turned into having a batch of hand crafted beer made by someone in Logan's home town.



















I think they turned out AMAZING!
I'm sure the guys appreciated the sentiment... but not half as much as we appreciate all that they do for us.
"Welcome Home, Well Done"! Indeed!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Love how the labels turned out!!!