Saturday, July 26, 2014

THIRTY-FIVE a multi-day celebration

Friday- day one






I got to walk with Harlan on his way to work. He sometimes walks on Fridays because he goes in a couple of hours later and it's only a four hour day for him. We walked through the quiet mall and stopped by Starbucks for coffee.
He ate before we left but I packed my breakfast with me and ate it while sitting on a bench outside of his building. It has a nice view of downtown.






















I thoroughly enjoyed my walk home, snapping pictures all the way.
Over by Westminster Presbyterian someone has cozied up the sign posts and telephone poles.





While snapping pictures of these roses I noticed the homeowners were on their front porch. I told them I was "stealing" pictures of their gorgeous garden. They invited me to pick some of their blueberries to enjoy as well. 






Hoping and Dreaming
 Harlan and I have often dreamed of having a self contained camping trailer to be able to have our own place when visiting relatives. It would enable us to spend extended periods of time at our kids' houses to do projects with them and spoil the grandkids too. This brand of camper has a factory here in Oregon and we went down to a dealership to check them out.
Here is a factory brochure photo and some that I took.

This is still a dream but it looks like this little trailer would contain every feature we'd like in a mini-home for us.
It was way past time for us to eat so we stopped to have a late late lunch at Panda express. 
I fed my body and Harlan fed his soul.

No comments: