Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekly outings with the grands: the zoo

Summer got off to a slow start for me but once I wrapped my head around the fact that it was already July I made plans to take the local grandkids to various places around town. We are picking one place per week. On this first outing we ended up at the...
I've done my share of chaperoning field trips over the years so I have a little bit of experience with wrangling kids, not to mention the eight of our own that needed to be corralled a time or two. The outing at the zoo would have been marvelous if I'd let go of the idea that I want to photo document every bit of our time there. It is virtually impossible to get them all to stand still when they are so excited to see everything! Here you have yet another addition to the many zoo posts over the years this blog has existed.
ENJOY :0)

Each of the kids grabbed a map as we went through the ticket check point but only Genevieve was seriously looking and checking off all of the exhibits we passed by.













The bears were infinitely more lazy than these four kids!

























1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I just love how each group photo shows off the personalities of each one of those "locals", I think my favorite might be comparing size with the bears. I also LOVE the comparison of the grinning girls and those serious boys on the wooden horses :D great documentation there Gramma!