Friday, September 12, 2014

Our #1 daughter is THIRTY-TWO







Where have the years flown by to?
I am reminded of the song from 1957 called Turn Around.
"Where are you going My little one, little one?
Where are you going My baby, my own?

Turn around and you're two
Turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young girl
Going out of the door

Turn around Turn around
Turn around and you're a young girl
Going out of the door

Where are you going My little one, little one?
Little dirndls and petticoats Where have you gone?

Turn around and you're tiny
Turn around and you're grown
Turn around and you're a your wife
With babes of your own

Turn around Turn around
Turn around and you're a young wife
With babes of your own

Turn around Turn around
Turn around and you're a young wife
With babes of your own"

Joylynn at 11 months, at 5 yrs old and with baby Wyatt in 2004.

 Birthday party delivery

Just like we did with Danika, I made a cake and we packed up other snacks and stuff to bring over to Jess and Joylynn's house. She requested a German chocolate cake so I made one and decorated it with silk hydrangeas. We also bought her a hydrangea plant in lieu of cut flowers.
 We had her open gifts before we took her and Jess out to dinner, so the kids could get to bed at a decent time. We left Hayden, Cameron, Courtney, Charles and Krystle with the kids to enjoy a pizza night while we went to an Italian restaurant.
 Harlan had been to this place with some workmates back in 1979. Joylynn had been there in 1999. It was a first for Jess and myself. Any business that has been going for almost 40 years in the same location has got to be pretty good!













It was delicious!  Everyone enjoyed their entrees and had plenty to take home too.
Cake and goodies back at the house


Cake, cookies, a meat, cheese and cracker tray in addition to homemade spinach dip and bread made for a nice little party. Can you tell what Joylynn's favorite color is? ;0)

We once again had a lovely time at their place. Before we left Genevieve was asking if I could make her a cat themed party in October when she turns 9. I think I might be able to pull something together, G'vieve.  Give me a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I want to wish your momma a…
Happy 32nd Birthday Joylynn!
God's blessings on the year ahead

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Holy wah! 32?? More like 23! Joylynn you do NOT look like you've had four kids :) I love you and I hope you had a wonderful birthday. More wonderful than you imagined it would be and that you felt all the love that surrounds you every day, ten fold!

Mom- holy wah! That cake looks amazing!! You have rocked it these last few birthdays. I knew you were a decorating legend but I feel like this party/cake talent has more recently emerged. Well done!! :D it looks delicious and beautiful!