Monday, September 08, 2014

Sightseeing in the Gorge



My third and final post from our trip to Goldendale


What a beautiful day we had for Hayden and my first stop at Stonehenge. I didn't know it was a large memorial to the soldiers and sailors of Klickitat County. Very cool!









Nearby is another beautiful memorial with the names of all of the men and women of the county that died serving their country in the various wars encompassing all of the different branches of service.





We took the back road from the memorials down through the orchards and made a stop at the fruit stand that is right on Hwy 97.
There is nothing like fresh produce from Maryhill! The amount of sunshine and the ready supply of water make for abundant and delicious fruits and veggies.





Harlan and Hayden made sure everything we purchased was stowed safely for the trip home.



I'm anxious to try the peach blossom honey we bought. The other things were amazing! Fresh peaches, nectarines, and apples. I took photos of many other things because the jewel tone colors are so beautiful. 

I was busy with my camera on the way home too. Reaching out the back window to try  to capture some of the lovely scenery. Photos do not do it justice. I never tire of the breathtaking views driving through that gorge.

No comments: