Sunday, December 28, 2014

The girls went to Mt Vernon for the day

Alyssa and I left Harlan at the house working on shelves. Rowan was in school but it was one of Katie's days off so we had both girls with us for our walk through Mt Vernon. It was my third time visiting but it was Alyssa's first time! I was pretty excited to show her around.



















































 The girls were troopers looking at lots of historical information. I cannot get enough of that place! It's so beautiful. I would love for Lyssa and Logan to get an annual pass to spend more time exploring there.  Though I think just running around on the lovely paths and seeing the animals and gardens is much more to the girls' liking than the museum or the mansion.
I'm anxious to hear what Logan and Rowan think of it when they get to go to Mt Vernon.


1 comment:

Lyssa said...

We haven't been back to mt Vernon yet. Somehow it doesn't cross our minds when it's just us at home. Especially is Logan has some sunny, warm days to work in the yard. It can be hard to get that boy to do "touristy" things ;) we'll have to get there for the Christmas lights next year. Maybe we'll get up there in the spring! (just before the cherry blossoms and ensuing crowds arrive ;))