Saturday, February 20, 2010

Splashes of Spring...

My own flowers aren't quite ready to bloom and I happened to have my camera with me at Fred Meyer this morning....




Spring color is everywhere! It is coming on in the budding trees in the neighborhoods and it's really hard not to ohhh and ahhh over all the Easter dresses in every store I go in. I rarely purchased new dresses for my own girls at Eastertime but the pull to get something for those "Grands" is almost too much to resist. But resist I must!

Courtney and her new wheels!

Courtney got a super cool bike for her birthday. I don't have a great picture of the whole thing but you can see that it is an awesome orange. Logan ordered fenders that Harlan put on it this week. It is a terrific set of wheels!

The Cat Whisperer


Rylan has had a way with animals for his whole life. Especially cats. He can find them all over the place. He would send me pictures of himself with dumpster cats in Korea. There are those that are dog people and then those that are cat people.

Rylan is one of the cat people. I got this picture from my blog archives of him and Cherise and his cat Sabre. Sabre was a love! He was one of the best cats ever. Of course he allowed Ry to hold him upside down or sideways and never made a peep or meow.

We currently have 3 cats. Two of them are sisters (Peanut Butter and Ninja) and have been pictured on my blog in the past. The other one, Chloe, was one we got from the pound. She is a skittish indoor/outdoor cat that is pretty much a loner that doesn't tolerate the other two.
That said... the other day Rylan walked into the dining room and I had to snap the above photo.
I don't know how he does it.... Chloe (on the right) acted like she had no clue that Peanut (on the left) was in the same room let alone immediately next to her.
I think it's because Rylan is a cat whisperer.


For my family that's sick of snow
a bit of spring...

Click on any photo and put it as your wallpaper. Spring is on it's way in spite of all the white and not so white anymore stuff that is around your houses.
Not many more blog posts before we have pictures of a new grandbaby! It's almost March!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I love your spring colors blog!

I'm super excited for Easter dresses this year! I can't wait until my little girly comes and I get to pick out a special super sweet and cute dress :D I'm trying really hard to wait until she's actually here to pick it out. It just seems more practical you know?

P.S. I call Rylan the cat whisperer all the time too :) it certainly is amazing to watch!