Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day-tona and fun times

I took a picture of Krystle's new lunch bag.
Cute hey?
It's been a little more than a week since I last posted an update.
We've had some fun times....

Logan, Alyssa, and Rowan!
Rowan is so cute.... he loves rockin' with any sort of guitar.
He is so happy to have his dad back.
Logan isn't working out of town at this time. We are thrilled that he is home and will be able to be around for the birth of their little girl. Katelyn is due to arrive in a couple of weeks.
They have been able to be at our house for the past couple of week-ends.


Before they went home a week ago I was able to go with them as Logan got a haircut and Rowan did too.

Here are the before and after shots of Rowie.


Courtney's Weekend Outing


Courtney made plans to have a bunch of her friends go to the zoo with her. Nicole went with me as I drove up to re-new our family's zoo pass and the rest of the group came on the MAX train.
It was a bit chilly there but it looks like everyone was ready to hit the trails and have a good time.
Nicole couldn't stay but she is coming back this week to spend more time with us! I love having her around.

A couple of birds
The "kids" took so many pictures that it was hard to pare it down to just a couple. This "couple" looked like they were having a great time with their friends from the southern hemisphere.

"Gentlemen start your engines!"
The start of the Nascar season means we have to get together with the Zywickis to watch the race.
We had our first Nascar brunch last year for Talladega. This year we wanted to start the season with a brunch. Thomas is a most excellent omelette chef. He had such a spread of ingredients it was hard to decide what to choose.
My omelette had shrimp, green onion, mushroom and cheese.
Yum!

Happy Birthday Courtney! 18 years old!

Courtney loves tulips!
Our "baby girl" is an adult now. She is lovely woman and we are so proud of her. School is going well, she has a wonderful boyfriend and is making really good decisions all the way around. She got a GREAT bike from Logan and Alyssa, some clothes and other gifts.
All in all I think it was a fun weekend for her and it's not over... she is having a special dinner with Charles and his family tonight and tomorrow she has plans with Nicole to go to a movie & out to eat. The celebration continues....

Catching up with friends...
My friends Shela and Jan and I got together for lunch today.
I'm so happy that we did. I think fellowship is such an integral part of being a part of the church body.
Thanks for spearheading this time, Shela!
~I'm feeling very blessed to have you in my life~

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

Fun times indeed!! :D Thanks for letting us crash your Daytona brunch and enjoy some fantastic omelet action! :D

and happy happy birthday to Courtney! :D 18 is a good one I promise!

Reese said...

I like Rowan's hair. He looks like his Dad =)
Cute flowers.
Cute pictures.

Reese said...

I like the tickers! Fun fun!